Missing functions?

Lawrence Troxler lt@westnet.com
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:19:04 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Rick Taube wrote:

> >It's really too bad there isn't a CM for MS-windows which has DDE, DLL
> >calling, Windows API calls, or some combo of the above.
>

> This is all possible if you use Franz Inc's ACL/PC Common Lisp. But of
> course it costs money (I forget how much; visit http://www.franz.com to

Don't remember exactly how much money, but I do remember my jaw dropping.
It's priced well out of the personal/hobbyist range.

Could XLISP /  XLISP-STAT be a possiblity? The XLISP-STAT version is very
Windows-friendly and complete. It uses a different object system. However,
it will run closette. Is closette enough of a CLOS for CM? Xlisp isn't
entirely Common Lisp, but maybe the changes are small enough so that it
could be dealt with.

Larry