Acl 4.3 and CM

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 08:33:56 -0600

>interesting point is that the compilation with my 486-33 DX took almost an
>hour while compiling with clisp it took only just about 15 mins. The code

One hour on a 486-33 might be right -- I compiled in Linux at ccrma on some
sort of fast pentium and it took about 10-15 minutes if I recall correctly.
On a Mac PPC it takes under 15 and the system is considerably larger due to
gui code.

re midi: i submitted a grant propposal to get a pentium system to run
NT/Linux, if I get it then I will try to figure Linux MIDI out -- my first
problem is that I havent found a useful (working) MIDI driver...

-hkt