CLISP and CM in a Win95 Dos Window

Joel A. Stern 103675.1167@CompuServe.COM
11 Jan 97 22:32:21 EST

Message text written by Joel A. Stern
>I'm still trying to get CLISP to run in a DOS window under Win95. I've tried
using RSX and RSXWIN, so far to no avail. If anyone has any knowledge on how to
do this please let me know.<

[Replying to my own message]
Following many adventure and misadventures I've got the DOS window thing figured
out now. If anyone out there is running Common Music under CLISP and wonders how
to run it in a Win95 DOS window, do the following :
1. set the following environment variables in your autoexec.bat file (adjust the
path to reflect  wherever you keep rsx.exe):
	set rsx=c:\music\lisp\rsx.exe
	set emx=c:\music\lisp\rsx.exe
You might be able to include these lines in the batch file described in #2
instead: I'm not sure. rsx.exe is included with CLISP or can be downloaded from
sites listed in the CLISP readme.

2. create the following batch file and call it "CM.BAT" or whatever. Again,
adjust the paths to conform with your own system:
	@echo off
	set TERM=ansi
	set TERMCAP=c:\music\lisp\temp\termcap.dat
	echo COMMON MUSIC
	c:\music\lisp\rsx.exe -Re -am -Rs50 c:\music\lisp\lisp.exe -M
c:\music\lisp\cm\cm %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

3. Now right-click on the icon for the above batch file, or its shortcut, and
left click on "properties". Click on the "program" tab at the top. Click on
"advanced" at the bottom and make sure that "suggest MS-DOS mode as necessary"
is checked.

Restart your system so that the autoexec environment settings will take effect.
That should do it. I'm sure some of the parameters above can be refined.

Joel Stern
103675.1167@compuserve.com