editor in cm

Joel A. Stern 103675.1167@CompuServe.COM
09 Jan 97 20:35:08 EST

Now that I have "between" etc. working in CM, time for another mundane question.
Is it possible to call up a text editor from within Stella, CM, or CLISP DOS?
I'm thinking of something like Win95's edit.com. I know there has to be a better
way to edit files than what I'm doing now, which is to open CLISP in a DOS
session, find bugs/changes, close CLISP return to Win95, call up my text editor,
make and save changes, return to CLISP. I have already tried inserting the
following in config.lsp, to no avail:

(defparameter *editor* "C:\\WINDOWS\\COMMAND\\EDIT.COM")
(defun editor-name ("C:\\WINDOWS\\COMMAND\\EDIT.COM") (or (sys::getenv "EDITOR")
*editor*))

Thanks for the help.

Joel Stern
103675.1167@compuserve.com