Setting up CLM on Linux/ACL

To: Charles G Waldman <cgw@pgt.com> bil
Mon, 24 Feb 97 09:10:25 PST

Are you using the current version of CLM?  I think the rehash
bug was fixed about a month ago -- it is a bug in ACL 4.3 on
Linux that Franz blames on their C compiler(!).  The work-around
in defins.lisp is to set the rehash-threshold explicitly.

The clm-example.lisp problem is in the random-state argument
to random -- apparently ACL changed the format of that
variable at some point, and I didn't notice.  Since Lisp
makes it ridiculously difficuly to repeat a random number
sequence, I might change that example to use CLM's C-based
random number generator, and bypass Lisp entirely.
I'll send you the repaired clm-example code (at the
moment, it's very hard for me to do anything since my
files and the lisp compilers here at work are largely
inaccessible -- no doubt this is a temporary situation).