CM with ACL4

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 09:14:34 -0600

>Same here on my SGI under ACL 4.3.  It works in CLISP, though:
[...]
>In ACL, however, walker::VARIABLE-GLOBALLY-SPECIAL-P seems to clash
>with a method or flet which uses the same name (ie, it's function slot
>holds a function object, but symbol-function errors):

In ACL 4.3, CM should not contain the WALKER package and
variable-globally-special-p appears to be undefined in their clos package.
i think it could be defined like so:

#+(and excl clos)
(defun clos::variable-globally-special-p (var)
  (clos::variable-special-p var nil))

I dont understand how the WALKER package is getting loaded in your example
but it likely will cause confusion with ACLs verion.  In the cm image that
i booted at ccrma (ulysses://usr/local/bin/aclcm) walker is absent -- maybe
you are using clm and clm loads walk.lisp???