CM 0-based vs 1-based object positions

Larry Troxler lt@westnet.com
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 22:53:58 -0500 (EST)

Wow, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm discovering this
inconsistency between Stella and the api functions, to be a real soruce of
confusion.

Namely, Stella seems to work with 1-based object positions, both in the
listings and in the commands.

However, the api-functions, like nth-object, object-position, etc, work on
0-based posisitions (like CL does).

Shouldn't stella count from zero as well? Is there some kind of parameter
I can set to make this happen? (I vaguely remember seeing something about
this, but at the time, I wasn't interested).

How is everyone else working? I tend to intermix stella and Lisp about
50/50. Perhaps I'm in the minority, and people tend to use only one or the
other?

 --  Larry Troxler  --
lt@westnet.com -- Patterson, NY USA --