CM/CMN note output method and chords

Larry Troxler lt@westnet.com
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 21:39:51 -0500 (EST)

Is there a way in a CM write-event method for a note going to a cmn-file,
to add a mark or CMN message to the chord the note belongs to?

My specific problem is that I would like use the CMN fingering message to
mark all notes with their index in their thread. However, I find that
applying the fingering to the individual notes results in a mess, and I
think I probably need to add the fingerings to the chord as a whole.

I almost think that I am better off not using the midi-note method, but
writing code that writes the thread as a whole (I would iterate through
the notes myself). Is there a way to do this within the CM/CMN framework?

Larry

--  Larry Troxler  --  lt@westnet.com  --  Patterson, NY USA  --