Compiling with ACL Lite on WinNT/95

Rick Taube hkt@cmp-nxt1.music.uiuc.edu
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 10:11:04 -0600

>I'm new to both Lisp and Common Music, but very anxious to learn about
>both. I've been fooling around for several weeks now trying to compile CM
>with both CLISP and now ACL Lite. I've come close with ACL Lite, but still
>nothing. Can anyone give me some advice, please! I'd settle for
>pre-compiled versions, but they seem to still be temporarily unavailable.
>Thanks.

What are the limitations of ACL Lite?? If LOAD and COMPILE-FILE work then
you should be able to build the system as is. If only LOAD works, it still
might be possible to just load cm's source files since I believe ACL/PC
automatically compiles lisp expressions as it reads them.

I could release a CLISP binary of CM for DOS no problem but probably wont
have any time on a PC for a week or two.

-rick