CM rebuild bug?

Rick Taube hkt@cmp-nxt1.music.uiuc.edu
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:02:25 -0600

>So why can't MCL find "loop". It exists in the library folder.
>I also tried skipping the load and continuing, but it had the same
>problem trying to find "ff" later on.
>
>Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

maybe the logical host ccl: is no longer pointing to the true MCL 3.0p2
folder. try booting the base mcl image, then doing (ccl:require :loop)  if
that breaks then the problem is definately that mcl cant find its library.
if it works then cm should find it  as well.
perhaps the second time you loaded make-cm.lisp you were not using the same
base mcl image you used in the first pass?? also, you should definately
type Y to save a local build script, that way you can load/save cm without
answering any questions.

>I'm trying to get a cm image that I can debug and make additions to.
>If I let the build script save the image, I don't get any debug
>information.

i dont understand. mcl's debugger should work in any case. you should
always save an image.