Event recording in CM

Jim Ravan Jim_Ravan@avid.com
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:18:51 -0500

> >I am currently running CM on a 68k Mac IIci.
> >
> >How does one record a performance? I would like to be able to compose in
> >CM and save various versions of output for processing or mixing with
> >other event streams. Am I at all clear? Can this be done?
>
> what do you mean by "record a performance"? what kind of performance? what
> exactly are you trying to do?

Let me try to be clearer. By "performance" I mean the result of mix. For
example, consider if I had one stream that was note data I had typed in.
Another stream was the result of a complex generator that includes lots
of heaps and random events. And a third stream was a sequence of three
algorithms that also includes lots of heaps and random events. I would
like to be able to save the result of a particular mix in case I like
it. Then I could do further processing on a saved mix, like transpose
it, for instance.

Is that more understandable?

regards,
-jim