Difference between parameters and slots? / Csound

Larry Troxler lt@westnet.com
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 20:27:54 -0500 (EST)

At 05:14 PM 11/12/96 -0800, Richard Karpen wrote:

>An answer for the first question: It's true that these two lists (the
>slots and the parameters) are often declaring the same items. But if
>you're using "algorithm", for example, and want to have slots available
>for use with a particular instrument which will be local to each
>algorithm, and which may not be parameters (meaning that they're not going
>to be printed out to the note-list), then it's useful to have these as
>separate entities.  I like this flexibility even if it means declaring
>extra stuff. I'm not sure this is a good explanation for you, but I'm
>rushing a bit right now. I'm sure others can add more details and correct
>me if I'm not saying the right thing.

Sorry, I'm still not clear on this.

>Second question: Use the "header" and "fheader" functions to print out
>F-Cards. If you don't know how, I can send you an example.
>
>Richard Karpen

Ordinarily, this would work; however, I would like to re-use function tables
during the course of the score. According to the CSOUND doc you can do this.
So I would like to add F-cards <sic - just how long have you been using
Csound :-)> to the score dynamically, just like notes. I think of the
function tables as simply extensions to the note parameters.

Larry Troxler
lt@westnet.com