Difference between parameters and slots? / Csound

Richard Karpen karpen@u.washington.edu
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 17:14:15 -0800 (PST)

An answer for the first question: It's true that these two lists (the
slots and the parameters) are often declaring the same items. But if
you're using "algorithm", for example, and want to have slots available
for use with a particular instrument which will be local to each
algorithm, and which may not be parameters (meaning that they're not going
to be printed out to the note-list), then it's useful to have these as
separate entities.  I like this flexibility even if it means declaring
extra stuff. I'm not sure this is a good explanation for you, but I'm
rushing a bit right now. I'm sure others can add more details and correct
me if I'm not saying the right thing.

Second question: Use the "header" and "fheader" functions to print out
F-Cards. If you don't know how, I can send you an example.

Richard Karpen