other clm news

To: cmdist bil
Thu, 23 May 96 06:18:43 PDT

Since my last clm news message, there have been a variety of
changes, not all backwards compatible.  Taking them in chronological
order, I added restart cases and fancier debugging stuff under
the new *clm-debug* and *clm-history* switches; replaced fm.wn
with fm.html despite the silly-looking math formulas that HTML
produces; removed/changed various argument names in the make-<gen>
functions to try to rationalize everything -- main change here
was the &optional-key argument parsing, and the removal of
start-time, duration, and restartable from make-env; gcl-c56.lisp
deleted (I'm slowly winding down the 56000 support, and trying to
remove 56000-specific stuff from clm); AIFC mulaw/alaw output,
vax floats input; major optimization of fasmix with the new
mix function (replacing the old mix macro that overlapped too
much with with-mix); removed table-interp; and (to be more
compatible with ANSI C), changed the C-side variable names --
writers of unit generators need to change references to
_datar_ and _datai_ to clm_float_data and clm_int_data.
Also added a sound file data base (snd-info); on the
SGI added a clm status window running as a subjob of clm;
made various improvements (I hope) to the run macro to speed
up instrument compilation; ported clm to NeXTStep 4.0 in
Clisp; and added *clm-eat-raw-sound*.