frankenstein and clm

To: cmdist bil
Tue, 7 Nov 95 10:23:40 PST

As I understand it, this box has only analog output, and each dsp's
output is added to the output stream as an analog signal.  This means
that the thing has to run "sample synchronous", unlike the QP board.
This limits the actual speed increase and the density, so to speak,
of the overall output.  It will be a real improvement for MusicKit
users, but much less of one for CLM users.  I believe it would be
only a week or so of work to add support for it in CLM, and may do
so as an experiment.  More interesting, I think, are the various
multi-processor machines coming on the market that allow you to
split up a C program so that it can run on parallel cpu's -- this
kind of thing would be easy to add to CLM, and not require special
purpose assembly code or drivers (presumably).