i*link Support for clm

To: cmdist bil
Mon, 6 Nov 95 08:48:32 PST

>In a source file of CLM is suggested the possibility of supporting the i*link card (for the >NS/Intel systems) from CLM (because i*link comes with with some NStep soft).
>That would be usefull for many people. I encourage all you to do it (i don't know how@)

I just removed support for the ilink, Turtle Beach, and Ariel
PC56d cards from CLM because no one was using it; these cards
actually slow CLM down on any currently-available PC hardware;
that is, the synthesis is a lot faster on the main processor
than on the 56000.  Once the QP cards die, I'll probably
throw away all the 56000 code in CLM.  (Motorola recently
announced the availability of the 80 MHz 56002, but that's
still slow compared to any normal main processor, and even
when I get "real-time" support going, it will not use the
56000).