No subject

Gregory A. McCourt mccourt@technet.sg
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 00:01:26 +0800

~s Re: i*link Support for clm

> >In a source file of CLM is suggested the possibility of supporting the i*link card (for the
> >NS/Intel systems) from CLM (because i*link comes with with some NStep soft).
> >That would be usefull for many people. I encourage all you to do it (i don't know how@)
>
> I just removed support for the ilink, Turtle Beach, and Ariel
> PC56d cards from CLM because no one was using it; these cards
> actually slow CLM down on any currently-available PC hardware;
> that is, the synthesis is a lot faster on the main processor
> than on the 56000.  Once the QP cards die, I'll probably
> throw away all the 56000 code in CLM.  (Motorola recently
> announced the availability of the 80 MHz 56002, but that's
> still slow compared to any normal main processor, and even
> when I get "real-time" support going, it will not use the
> 56000).

i agree.  clm should be made totally independent of spacific dsp chips
so that it can be made more portable to different platforms.  this
would also result in a cleaner and more compact codebase  to
maintain and build on.

greg

G r e g o r y  A . M c C o u r t  <mccourt@technet.sg>
fax: + 6 2 . 2 7 4 . 3 7 9 7 8 0
P u s a t  S t u d i  I n d o n e s i a / F a k u l t a s  S a s t r a
U n i v e r s i t a s  G a d j a h  M a d a
B u l a k s u m u r ,  Y o g y a k a r t a   5 5 2 8 1
I n d o n e s i a.