SGI clm/cm (II)

tkunze@ccrma.Stanford.EDU tkunze@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat, 24 Jun 95 12:18:02 -0700

> I would like to know if clm is now really running under GCL
> on the SGI or not, because I think that GCL is free (is that
> thru?),   and I do not have a release of ACL.

currently, gcl-2.1 runs on sgi machines under irix 5.2 and
higher, but without a possibility of saving  dynamically
loaded images.  Clm, cm and cmn (?), however, seem to compile
fine under gcl-2.1 and it is expected that LINKING their
binaries with gcl (as opposed to using the lisp snapshot
facility) would equally yield an executable, but it hasn't
been tested so far.  The bottom line thus reads like: I am
not aware of anyone having a working cm, clm or cmn image
that's been built under gcl on a sgi.

Some folks here are getting sgi's these days, so things might
well change/improve soon...