XMIDI distribution

Joan Ordinas jordinas@xtec.es
Wed, 1 Mar 1995 09:17:53 +6000

Dear friends,

Thanks to  the usefull service that  David Betz  has done to
the informatic comunity  by elaborating  the XLISP language,
some years ago I implemented   a  tool,  which  I  hope will
serve to  potenciate  and dinamize the  research in computer
assisted musical composition.  As  a matter on fact,  I have
added to XLISP 2.1  a docen of new functions  that allow the
management of MIDI messages in real time. For this purpose I
have developed an extense library in C  language that solves
the  low  level  problems  inherents  to  the  programing of
interface MIDI Roland MPU-401 in IMB PC computer.

You can found the new version of XLISP,  which I  have named
XMIDI  in  order to  distinguish  it  from  the conventional
XLISP,  with the URL:

	ftp://ftp.xtec.es/pub/musica/xmidi.zip

This  version  acompanies  the  interpret  with  a  variated
selection of LISP  functions,  most of them compatibles with
COMMON LISP,  as well  as  with examples of  MIDI functions,
and a  simple editor of  public use,  which maturally can be
replaced by another, according to the user preferences.

Three  functions that  permit  the new uses  the  edition of
programs and the on-line requests about the documentation of
the language,  (ED),  (DOC) and (XDOC), will without a doubt
be  of  great  help  to  work  with  XLISP  and  thus,  will
contribute to its diffussion.

I would apreciate you to spread the distribution of XMIDI by
the channels you consider most apropiate.

For your interest, I list the new MIDI functions and variables:

!
*MPU-EXIST*
*RESOLUTION*
ACCEPTABLE-CHANNELS
COPY-MESSAGE
CURRENT-TIME
DOC
DOWNLOAD
ED
FLUSH-INPUT
INPUT
INPUT-TIME
MAKE-MESSAGE
MESSAGE-CHANNEL
MESSAGE-DATA1
MESSAGE-DATA2
MESSAGE-P
MESSAGE-TYPE
PENDING-EVENTS
PRINT-MESSAGE
REAL-TIME
RECEIVE-MESSAGE
SEND-EXCLUSIVE
SEND-MESSAGE
SEND-NOTE
STOP
UPLOAD
WAIT
XDOC

| Joan Josep Ordinas Rosa         |         Administrador de sistemes |
| jordinas@xtec.es                |  Programa d'Informatica Educativa |