Installation under ACLPC v2.0 and CLISP (DOS)

Karl Branting karl@index.uwyo.edu
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 16:08:53 -0700

I found it easy to install common music under Allegro CL 4.2 on an
SGI, but I'm having difficulty installing it on a PC under either
clisp (dos) or aclpc v2.0. In attempting to run make-cm.lsp in aclpc I
found that QUERY caused a string conversion error. I got around this
problem by explicitly assinging values to each variable (e.g., bd?,
etc.), but then I get an enigmatic aclpc error while compiling tl.lsp:

        Function #<function 2 #x85F4957C> called with incorrect number of
        arguments in #<x85F4952C>

In attempting to execute make-cm.lsp under clisp, I find that
HANDLER-BIND (which is used in loading loop) is undefined. If I
comment it out and load loop.lsp by hand, I get the following error in

        #<CLOS:STANDARD-METHOD ...># has &REST or &KEY but #<GENERIC-FUNCTION
        EDIT-OBJECT> hasn't.

I notice that there has been some reference to CLISP 1995-08-12 in
cmdist. However, the CMU AI archive's version seems much old than this.

In any event, I would be very grateful for any suggestions from anyone
who has recently succeeded in installing common music under aclpc v2.0
or clisp (dos). Has anyone installed common music under aclp v3.0?

Thanks,

Karl Branting
Department of Computer Science	Internet: karl@index.uwyo.edu
University of Wyoming		Tel: (307) 766-4258
P.O. Box 3682			FAX: (307) 766-4036
Laramie, WY 82071, USA          URL: http://ai.uwyo.edu/~karl