port to clisp native clos finished

Rick Taube hkt@zkm.de
Tue, 10 May 94 08:32:21 GMT+0100

I've finished porting cm to clisp's native clos and put new archives on ftp.zkm.de and ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu. This port allows cm to build on dos and reduces the overall size of the saved lisp image by about 2 meg. Btw, clisp compilation takes forever on dos, expect about a 3 hour wait.

The port also uncovered 2 clisp bugs, README.CLISP explains what you have to do before building the system.

I didnt do any timings but there does not appear to be any execution speedup using clisp's clos and it seems to take longer to initally build its methods than pcl. This appears as a pause the first time you execute something new; once it caches its methods performance seems ok.

if you take cm.zip, unzip using -d:  PKUNZIP -D CM.ZIP

	-hkt