csound play

Rick Taube hkt@zkm.de
Mon, 9 May 94 15:00:51 GMT+0100

>is there a way to access other slot values of the io-stream,
>when all you are passed is the file slot?

the Play command currently operates on file names without creating an internal io-stream, so play-using-syntax never sees an io-stream. i should change this so that io-streams are always created and play-using-syntax is passed a stream. ill fix this when i have some time, certainly before summer, but until then the function FIND-STREAM returns the stream for a specified file name.

so the solution is to add the slots Output and Orchestra (or whatever) to csound's io-stream so that you can set them via Open:

open foo.sco output "/tmp/x.snd" orchestra "x.orc"

then use find-stream inside your play-using-syntax method to get the values from the stream structure

also, there is a unix/ subdirectory under cm source dir where you might want place a csound invoking script; see the rt and music kit entries current kept there. send me what you get working and ill incorporate it into the system when i get time to fix play-using-syntax.

	-hkt