new release of common music

Rick Taube hkt@zkm.de
Wed, 10 Aug 94 12:43:46 GMT+0100

I've placed a new version of CM on ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu and
ftp.zkm.de. Several people have reported difficulty restoring Unix
tar.Z files on the Mac so I'm now maintaing 3 different versions of
the archive:
   cm.tar.Z         Unix compressed tar archive.
   cm.sit.hqx       Macintosh binhexed Stuffit archive.
   cm.zip           DOS zip archive (use pkunzip -d)
Also, the old macunix.sit.hqx file was somehow corrupted so I've
placed a new version on the server as well.

As of this release CM no longer contains defscorefile and with-part.
As a result of removing this stuff some directory and file names have
changed so its best to restore the archive to an empty directory.

---
Highlights:

1  New CMix and CMusic syntaxes (Thank you, Charlie Baker!)
2  Musical notes can now be given absolute starting times.
3  Code walking made smarter; algorithm slots can now dynamically
   affect item streams and be referenced inside vars expressions.
5  Run command optionally caches output to new or existing threads.
6  New :decimals option to formatting-slots macro does floating point
   and integer formatting, new :print-if :always option automatically
   shows unbound slots as "-unset-"

See changes.text for a complete listing of new features and bug
fixes.

	-hkt