[Artful-Design] TV (tomorrow) Episode #2: code, music, self-fashioning

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Apr 7 14:32:12 PDT 2020

Dear all,

Thanks to all who joined us last week for Artful Design TV (COVID-19
Edition). We read COVID-19 haikus, briefly group-danced, talked about
the design of toilets and musical instruments ("why DO we design?") --
and special guest Hana Shin blew our minds with her audiovisual work.
The recording has been posted in the Archive:

     https://artful.design/tv/archive.html

Please join us this Wednesday 1pm PDT (UTC-7) for Episode #2. Our
special guest co-host will be Perry R. Cook -- computer musician, zany
inventor, Professor Emeritus (and my PhD advisor back at Princeton).
Readers of /Artful Design/ may also remember Perry from Chapter 5
"Interface Design" and the Interlude, "Dialogue With a Zen Master".

We will talk coding, music, whimsical instruments, and the aesthetic
education of engineers. Bring/write a COVID-19 haiku to share (that was
our optional homework from last week). Tune in for computer music mayhem
and to share some time together as a community. No experience needed;
everyone is welcome, as always.

      What: Episode #2 "Code, Music, Self-fashioning"
      When: Wednesday (4/8) 1pm PDT (UTC-7)
      TUNE IN HERE: https://artful.design/tv

Stay safe, healthy, artful,
Ge!

~~~
Ge Wang
Associate Professor
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA)
Department of Music (also Computer Science, by Courtesy)
Stanford University
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~ge/
~
Co-founder, Smule
~
Artful Design: Technology in Search of the Sublime!
-- a book for the engineer with a soul --
https://artful.design/
~~~