[Artful-Design] designing interactive AI; stanford laptop orchestra

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Nov 22 13:48:37 PST 2019

Dear all,

Today, I have two artful-design-related items for you.

I recently wrote an article for the Stanford Human-Centered A.I. initiative:

     "Humans in the Loop: The Design of Interactive AI Systems"
     https://medium.com/artful-design/humans-in-the-loop-b83e3bffa65e

Instead of asking "how do we build a smarter system?”, the article
contemplates "how do we incorporate useful, meaningful human interaction
into the system?”.

---
Secondly (especially for those in the area), Stanford Laptop Orchestra's
veteran performance ensemble, SideLObe, will premiere Act I of The
Furies: a Laptopera (a laptop orchestra opera!) at Stanford University's
CCRMA Stage on Saturday December 7th, with a repeat performance on
Sunday December 8th.  You are warmly invited!

     http://slork.stanford.edu/events/2019/fall/
     (if attending, please RSVP on the site)

---
Also: Act III of the laptopera premiered in June at Bing Concert Hall
check out the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NScHznvVxrw
---

Have an artful Thanksgiving!

Ge!

~~~
Ge Wang
Associate Professor
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA)
Department of Music (also Computer Science, by Courtesy)
Stanford University
https://www.gewang.com/
~
Artful Design: Technology in Search of the Sublime!
-- what we make, makes us --
https://artful.design/
~~~