[Artful-Design] update + three invitations

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri May 31 12:29:12 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I hope this finds you well. It has been an eventful year so far for
/Artful Design/. Since the book's release back in September, somehow
I've given more than 60 talks (https://artful.design/events.html) and
taught a new course (https://artful.design/think66) as /Artful Design/
continues to find new audiences. Thank you greatly for your support.

Now that summer is nearly upon us, I have three invitations (two of them
local to Stanford).

Saturday (6/8): Stanford Laptop Orchestra concert (with a pre-concert
talk about designing instruments for laptop orchestra):

     http://slork.stanford.edu/events/2019/spring/
     (FREE and OPEN to all)

Tuesday (6/11): Music VR Design Lab "Demo Day":

     https://ccrma.stanford.edu/groups/vr/
     https://ccrma.stanford.edu/groups/vr/#demoday
     (space is limited; email me with your preferred time slot)

Lastly, I'd like to invite you to (re)join me down the rabbit hole, and
consider /Artful Design/ as part of your summer reading list.

(On the horizon: we have been cooking up new /Artful Design/ projects,
including a video series.)

Savor the weekend,
Ge!

~~~
Ge Wang
Associate Professor
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA)
Department of Music (also Computer Science, by Courtesy)
Stanford University
https://www.gewang.com/
~
Co-founder, Smule
~
Artful Design: Technology in Search of the Sublime!
-- what we make, makes us --
https://artful.design/
~~~