[anet08banff] Artsmesh Fest

Ken Fields kfields at ucalgary.ca
Mon Nov 9 07:12:27 PST 2009

Hello,
Would there be any interest in coordinating an annual festival where
we can all mesh together in some form of organized chaos. I myself
would like to coordinate a 3 week intensive summer course to coincide
with such a distributed event (proposing late July), which would give
artists-in-residence (likely those without year-round internet 2
connections) a chance to hook-up with collaborators/expertise more
easily.

I realize a natural cycle of localized/networked events will
eventually form, but on the other hand a predictable annual event
would allow us to gather more than ordinary forces together for
massive-multi-nodal experimentation and foster additional synergy
between different mediums involved in networked arts.

It would also serve to offer the field its own platform for write-up
and critique, though with the idea being to intentionally NOT use
airplanes to gather.

Ken

Dr. Kenneth Fields
Canada Research Chair, Telemedia Arts
Associate Professor, Department of Music
Adjunct Associate Professor, Computer Science
http://syneme.ucalgary.ca

kfields at ucalgary.ca
Office: 403.220.5254
Cell: 403.870.1034
Fax: (403) 284-0973

Department of Music, Faculty of Fine Arts
Craigie Hall Room F217
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary AB T2N 1N4
Canada