[anet08banff] telematic circle

Kenneth Fields ken at ccom.edu.cn
Sun Jun 22 20:31:41 PDT 2008

Speaking of circles,
I need to bounce some infrastructure issues off this group, hope you
don't mind.

Though anet is an audio focused group, we also need to address
explicitly other issues such as visualization.

Networks? At the Univ of Calgary, we have an internet 2 network that
is separate from the campus network.
Any experience to relate here? I'd hate to have to choose whether to
put a my main server on 'either' a small
research network we will be developing together or the public net.

Video? Not sure whether to get a hardware system like Lifesize or use
a DIY system that comprises Video
compression hardware (Black Magic's Multibridge Pro), and Apple's
Broadcaster and Darwin Server.
Most seem to be happy with iChat - though I think we can work on the
video delay to make performances
more effective.

What manufacturer is friendliest to the fedora platform.

Thanks,
Ken