[220a] Fwd: 220a mic kit fine points

Chris Chafe cc at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Oct 16 09:51:48 PDT 2021

More about the mic kits which are available...

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Matt Wright <matt at ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 14:32:33 -0700

There are 6 items as shown in the attached photo of the one demo setup
I made:
1. Mic stand
2. Mic clip
3. Mic
4. Mic cable
5. Zoom U22 Audio interface
6. USB cable

Some fine points:

- the Zoom has a 1/8” stereo headphone jack that might be the
easiest/only way for students to hear sound.

- Students assemble their own kits with exactly one of each item (not
prepackaged)

- Many of the ingredients are available packaged.  It’s OK to take any
item available whether or not still packaged. It’s OK to discard this
packaging but not to leave it lying around GCS - either recycle
properly at CCRMA or take it away in its packaging.

- When transporting a mic stand, fold the boom in the orientation where
the delicate threading is not the part that gets bonked in transit

- Many of the boxed mics have a mic clip in the box.  Otherwise we are
waiting for new mic clips to arrive.

- CCRMA offers a wide variety of USB A/B cables, particularly regarding
length; choose accordingly.

Everything’s now ready to be taken but we expect most to disappear on
Tuesday.

-Matt