[220a] final week of 220a

Chris Chafe cc at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Dec 6 10:59:28 PST 2021

Hi all,

Friday, our meeting is 3:30pm to 6:30pm in the classroom.
We'll keep our zoom channel live, too.

Please complete any remaining homeworks this week.

The entire set of recording and photos from Monterey and Lake Lag are
now online at
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~cc/220a/classMedia/

I'm collecting thoughts about the hybrid format we've used this
quarter.
If you have some to share, please email me directly .

Chris

////////////////////////////////////////////

My own impressions pan out this way:

in general -- We had surprises happen and rather than cancelling we
were able to adapt. We were able to mix remote students with the on-
campus group.

in person -- Spontaneous interaction is way easier and, finally, we
were able to have group field trips, listen together in special rooms,
and access MaxLab.

online -- There's a "scheduling nimbleness" for staging last-minute
meetings. Online is conducive for remote guest presenters who aren't in
the area, and online saves gas and commute time. Group binaural
listening is a natural, so is the occasional video recording in place
of a live lecture. New behaviors like "mute, mute, reappear" for local
media playback as a group, and hands-on teaching of web audio coding
online emerged.