[Music 155] exercise 4 and the listening room

Hongchan Choi hongchan at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Feb 13 21:06:32 PST 2012

Hello All,

First off, please submit an email once you done with exercise 4 - I know
where your project going to be, so you do not have to upload your work to
your web space. However, please send me your email to let me know your work
is finalized and ready to be played.

Also I am forwarding this message from Fernando once again, to make sure
everyone noted. Please follow the instruction for your classmates!

Hi,
> one caveat you should tell your students: check the sampling rate of
> OpenMixer if jack does not want to start (Cecilia just had that problem).
> Some users change it to 44.1K and then the default sampling rate (which is
> 48K) will not work. Switching sampling rates in OpenMixer takes a bit of
> time so users have to be patient and wait it out when changing.

Also, tell them also to please reserve _only_ the time they are really
> going to use. It is bad karma to reserve time and arrive late (the
> Listening Room is almost booked solid for 155 so this is important).
>  -- Fernand

As I said in the class, I will hold the office hour from 1pm to 3pm
tomorrow in the listening room.

Best,
Hongchan

---
Hongchan Choi

PhD Candidate
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA)
Stanford University
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~hongchan